Friday, September 30, 2016

The disclaimer that should have come first

I have no medical training.  I have read a lot on the internet and spoken to many practitioners.  I have kept a journal for my "patient" for almost two years (I don't have pain -- I am the support person here).  I think I know more about pain and nerves than your average person.  But many times I find that my information or opinions are faulty.  Read this blog for what it is ... a venting session.  If you think you find a nugget of truth, bless you. Make sure to verify it before you spread it too far.

(Good luck verifying it, by the way... even highly trained medical professionals disagree.  One peripheral nerve surgeon, Dr. M, suggested that it should be very difficult to impale a nerve with a needle, because they "move out of the way... they are like kevlar bands."  Another peripheral nerve surgeon, Dr. N, said he didn't know what that other fellow was talking about, that peripheral nerves get impaled all the time.)

And about that "Dr. M, Dr. N" naming convention.  I am paranoia on paper, and I apologize for this.  I have plenty of sour opinions of medical practitioners, and plenty of positive opinions that may turn sour at any moment.  This being a frank blog, I want to express them, but I realize that my opinions are non-medical and apply only to my own situation.  I don't want to cause trouble for anyone (most notably myself).  So, I am using code names for key players, doctors and companies, in an attempt to keep myself out of trouble.

I am also relying on my memory, so quotations may not be exact and dates may be estimated.

And, lastly, don't comment on my grammar or spelling.  Poetic license covers all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment